The Gurdwara Sahib (Sikh Temple) located at 371 Queen’s Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong is the only Sikh Temple in Hong Kong. The Gurdwara was built in 1901 on land allotted to the Sikh Community by the British Government. The building was damaged during World War II by a Japanese bomb and subsequently rebuilt with donations from the Local Sikh and Non Sikh communities. The Sikh staff of HK Police Force and Correctional Services played a large part in the reconstruction.
The first Gurdwara in Hong Kong, called Sri Guru Singh Sabha was built in 1901, by the Sikh members of the British Army Regiment stationed in Hong Kong.
In the 1930’s the number of Sikhs continued to grow and the Gurdwara was needed to be rebuilt for a larger Sangat (Sikh community). In the early 1940’s during the Pacific war, the Gurdwara was bombed twice, sustaining extensive damage.